Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Think Spring.

When Adam made me a special dinner on Saturday night, he also brought me a flower: one that I was desperate for. A beautiful, purple hyacinth. If anyone is familiar with the hyacinth, you know of its poignant smell...of spring. Spring sunshine, spring softness. Of light and new growth. That's the only way I can describe it.

And in the wake of another snow-fall outside my sliding glass door, here sits my purple hyacinth. A constant reminder both with sight and smell of the coming of spring. The groundhog may have predicted 6 more weeks of snow (right?), but in my living room right this second, its spring. And I couldn't be happier.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Tell Adam thanks for me too- I needed to see a little spring too. This helped :)

    ReplyDelete