Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Photographic Prophecy

I take many pictures. Of daily events like laundry piles, new development in my garden, the handsome face of my fiancé. But, oh, the highlights of my week as well: cooing babies, dinners at the park, and of course, upcoming weddings.<3

It's only right that I dream in photographs as well. Two nights ago, I dreamed I was at my parents' house searching through an album of my baby pictures. Smiling, drooling, and of course, potty training-- which included both of the former as well. As I reached the last page, I found a picture completely foreign to me.

I was lying in a hospital bed, obviously a few years older, with side-swept bangs and a bit longer hair with highlights and lowlights. SMILING; ear-to-ear with a joy that could only come from something -or someone- completely God-sent. And in my arms, a baby. A baby girl swaddled tightly in a pink blanket. At the top of the picture, a date was printed: April 2015.

While I decide whether or not this is a prophecy (or whether I believe in now-a-day existence of them) or even if I want to have children in four years!, I will continue to take pictures of the big babies I have now...

Photobucket
(taken via iPhone)

Happy Tuesday, all!


No comments:

Post a Comment