Sunday, January 15, 2012

[personal] a week in the life of...

I met and interacted with many different venders while planning my own wedding last summer. While many were talented (cooked well, took gorgeous pictures, and even had pretty venues), my fiance chose those with whom we felt a personal connection. As a vendor myself, I wanted to make sure that my potential clients could see me. My life outside of post-processing, carefully chosen words, and *gasp* photoshop. Hence...

This year, I'd like to feature a weekly blog that depicts my life. While I don't carry around my Canon all the time, my iPhone is always in my pocket...in my hand...or by my ear. I am a self-proclaimed instagram*-aholic (see note below), and I've found that the easiest way to share my life is in pictures (photographer, duh!) that I take on a daily basis.

You ready? Here we go. :)


stars of the show:

Hubby Adam (a.k.a. second-shooter) with Toad (our one-toothed rescue kitty),
nephew Everett being all cute and perfect,
and brother-in-law Jake swimming at a pool party.

points of interest:

Ken is a lot more attractive (in an "I wear Express and could be considered metrosexual" kind-of-way) today than he ever was with his plastic hair, 80s wardrobe when I was a kid.
The cake on the left: idea. The cake on the right: reality. My sister and I bake like a boss.
And helllloo, Michigan snow-storm! We've missed you this winter. Welcome, home. I desperately wanted to take advantage of you for your sled hills and perfect backdrop for engagement sessions.

Photobucket
*(Instagram is a free app for iPhones that features various filters that are easy-to-use and make posting to Twitter, Facebook, and ha, my blog, easy-peasy!)


ACCOMPLISHED.
Things to look forward to this week: introducing boudoir sessions.

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I'm looking forward to this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment